Imagine the Possibilities
Imagine how satisfying and rich life could be if we really understood and respected ourselves and each other. Imagine having insight about your Creator’s unique, divine design for you and those you love. These things need not be a mystery!
With a better understanding of your temperament, you can:
- Unravel the mystery of who you are
- Develop greater intimacy with those you love
- Experience greater satisfaction in your career
- Move toward freedom from lies that bind you
- Experience joy in knowing, valuing, and loving how God made you
Temperament Counseling can open doors of understanding to you!
Why Explore Temperament?
Temperament Counseling is for the good times as well as the tough times of life. Exploring temperament increases your awareness of your basic needs while helping you understand how to meet those needs in constructive, life-giving ways. It can bring insight and healing into relationships.
“Knowledge is power.” Once you understand and accept your unique design, you can decide how to use your tendencies and characteristics in healthy, positive, and nurturing ways, both for yourself and others.
What is Temperament?
Temperament is the set of traits that makes you unique. Temperament explains why you interact the way you do with those around you. It explains how you handle stress, make decisions, and what motivates you in three foundational areas: INCLUSION, CONTROL, and AFFECTION.
Social orientation and thinking processes
Inclusion answers questions like:
- Who gets included in my life?
- To what extent?
- Does being with others rejuvenate or deplete me?
- How comfortable am I socializing?
- Do I feel like I belong?
- How much energy do I put into thinking things through?
- Am I creative?
- Do I analyze every detail?
- Am I more relationship, task, or goal oriented?
When temperament needs in this area are met a person senses belonging, worth, and significance.
Capacity to make decisions and accept responsibility for yourself and others
- Control answers questions like:Who establishes and holds the power in my relationships?
- How much do I naturally want to influence others?
- How much do I want (or will I allow) others to influence me?
- How willing am I to make decisions and accept responsibility for myself and/or others?
- Do I flourish in a setting that provides me structure or one in which I am free to make the rules?
- Am I a leader, follower, influencer, helper, rebel, collaborator?
When temperament needs in this area are met a person feels competent and capable.
Emotional interaction in deep and intimate relationships
Affection answers questions like:
- How many people do I want to feel very close to?
- How willing am I to be unguarded in my emotions with those closest to me?
- To become close to someone, how comfortable am I confiding my innermost desires, anxieties and feelings?
- How easy is it for me to give and receive physical expressions of love, warmth, and approval in my deep relationships?
When temperament needs in this area are met a person feels affirmed and lovable.
How Do You Get Started?
The process begins when you fill out an A.P.S. Temperament Response Form. This time-tested assessment tool, for adults, teens and children, takes only a short time to complete and creates a unique personal profile that helps you learn about your temperament. Contact Gerri Warne for more info using the form on the right, or order your response form below.
For over 30 years, Gerri Warne has worked with individuals, couples, and groups as they move toward wholeness. She holds a Master’s Degree in Counseling and Psychotherapy, a B.S. in Psychology with a Marriage and Family emphasis, and is certified for Temperament Counseling with the SACC. Gerri is passionate about helping people grow, heal, and be released into their God-given potential.